I love fajitas. There’s no denying that. However, I am a little ashamed to admit that I’ve never attempted to make them because, quite frankly, it seems like a lot of work and a lot of dishes. That was true until I came across this genius idea from budgetbytes.com to bake fajitas in the oven! Here’s my own version of oven baked chicken fajitas:
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- 6-inch tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers and onions into thin strips and place into a large baking pan. I used a deep 9×13 pan. Slice chicken breast into thin strips and place into pan.
- Drizzle oil over the chicken and vegetables and then sprinkle seasoning over the top. Mix it all together using a cooking spoon or your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once about halfway through. Once cooked, pull the pan out of the oven and squeeze the lime onto the fajita mix.
- To serve, heat up tortillas, and then place fajita mix in the center of each tortilla. Refrigerate leftovers.
Aside from being flavorful and delicious, the fact that I only ONE pan to wash made this recipe a keeper! I am already excited to make it again. Feel free to share your favorite fajita recipe in the comments section! I am always up for trying a new one.